Why people choose Bernd Chiropractic
(Did we mention that our own Dr. Mike was voted BEST CHIROPRACTOR IN THE NORTH BAY by the North Bay Bohemian for 2013?)
What to Expect On Your First Visit
- PAPERWORKAt your first appointment we will have some paperwork for you to fill out. This paperwork provides us with general information about yourself and your condition. You can also download the New Patient Forms., fill them out and bring them with you to your first appointment. (There may also be additional paperwork, courtesy of your insurance company.)
- CONSULTATIONOnce the forms have been completed, you will be ready to see your doctor. Together with your doctor you will consult to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options.
- HISTORY & EXAMINATIONIn order to determine a working diagnosis, your doctor will ask you various questions related to your condition. Next, your doctor will perform a focused physical examination to determine the cause of discomfort, and the extent of injury.
- X-RAY STUDIESWe rarely have to do X-rays on patients. When we do, they are done so to rule out serious problems such as fracture, trauma, infection, or tumors. We have an X-ray generator in the office, so there is no travel necessary, and no waiting for results.
- SAME DAY TREATMENTOnce finished with the consultation, history and examination, patients are typically provided with their first treatment during this same visit. This may include spinal adjustments, physio- therapies, and/or soft tissue therapies.
- HOME INSTRUCTIONSPrior to leaving, patients typically will be given instructions on certain activities or procedures to be conducted at home. This may include ice or heat application instructions, avoidance of certain activities or positions, as well as home exercises and/or stretches.
- SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENTOur office manager will assist you with finding the most convenient appointment time for your follow-up visit.
Treatment Frequency and Duration
Patients often report significant relief after the first few visits, but treatment plans vary depending on the severity and complexity of the complaint(s). Generally, patients are treated 1-3 times a week (depending on severity) for 2-4 weeks and then re-evaluated.
After the main complaint is resolved patients are released from care. However, a growing number of patients are requesting regular chiropractic care to help maintain their improved health status. Regular chiropractic care is a lifestyle choice, much like healthy eating, regular exercise, and regular dental care.
Fees, Payment Options and Financial Policy
Payment is due at the time of services rendered.
For the convenience of our patients, we accept the following payment methods:
- Credit Card – Discover, Master, Visa, and American Express
- Personal Checks
- HSA/FLEX Spending Account